We need to be on our knees in prayer. An American President doesn’t hold ALL the power, but he does have a lot of influence. Our nation will likely see a lot of change, good or bad, in the coming years. There’s a lot of fear over the unknown future. Our only hope should be in Christ. Whatever your perception of the election was, would you join me in daily prayer over the next 73 days (until the inauguration)?
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. – 2 Chronicles 7:14
I am going to pray that…
- My own heart will not judge or become embittered towards those who think differently than myself
- People will realize their need for Jesus
- People will be united in Christ, despite different beliefs or preferences
- We will remember our citizenship is in Heaven
- We will seek Christ
- We will love mercy, do justly, and walk humbly with our God
- We will be kind, generous, compassionate, patient, loving, selfless, humble, joyful, and thankful
- Trump will be wise and seek wisdom
- Jesus will lead our government and leaders
- God will use evil and foolishness for good
- Hatred, disunity, and division will not define Christians or America
- God will use this president to save many children‘s lives and protect religious freedom
- God will use this president to bring nations together in peace
- God will use this president to provide justice around the world
- God will use this president to keep people safe around the world
- God will use this president to help poor, marginalized, hopeless people around the world
- God will use Christians and others He bestows His grace on to show His love to the world
I’m also going to pray by name for all of my Latino, Muslim, refugee, immigrant, and minority friends, that they will feel loved and have hope in Jesus Christ.
None of the above can come from a person. We can only find these things in Christ alone. Please pray with me!
Scripture references for prayers:
Eph. 4:31, Rom. 6:23, 1 Corin. 1:10, Phil. 3:20, Matt. 6:33, Micah 6:8, Ephesians 5:22-23, Job 28:28, Romans 13:1, Gen. 50:20, Prov. 10:12, Ps. 139:13, Zech. 9:10, Deut. 27:19, Ps. 23:4, Deut. 10:18, John 13:35